The Moscow Times will be continuing its charity project “Create Yourself”, which benefits disabled children, in 2009. The idea behind the project is to provide art therapy to children who need it. There are illnesses, of course, that art cannot heal, but it is still possible to help the child feel happy and useful, and give them a confidence that comes from within.
Plan for the “Create Yourself” program in 2009:
- Fundraising to help disabled children. Information about the non-profit organisation and the children that need treatment, placed on the internet website www.sotvorisebya.ru in the section “Help Needed”
- Photo contest and photo-album publication.
- Photo contest on the website www.sotvorisebya.ru
- Publication of photo-album
- Exhibition of photos (November 2009)
- Press conference
- Presentation and charity lottery (November 2009). This year we plan to widen the direction of helping children with a teaching program for the protégé of the projects:
- Painting (pastels and oil)*
- Computer design **
- Basic programming **
- English language**
- Personal development training (leadership, teambuilding)
* Lessons will take place in the organisation’s offices; ** lessons will take place at external venues (for children 16+)
How can a Non Profit Organisation take part in the project?
We will give more information about issues concerning the teaching program on request:
- Program names
- Organisational information:
a) Premises for conducting lessons
b) Amount of children of the same age interested in signing up for lessons
c) Amount of hours a week that it is possible to conduct the teaching program. As in 2008, we will be placing information about the Non Profit Organisation and about what is needed in the treatment of children on the website, so that companies and private individuals can transfer monetary assets directly.
It is important that you inform any protégé of yours about our photo contest and invite them to participate. We are also willing to help children by place work on the website.
Коваленко Максим/Kovalenko Maksim
Диагноз: Двусторонняя сенсоневральная глухота на оба уха, состояние после операции кохлеарной имплантации в апреле 2010г.
Diagnosis: bilateral sensorineural deafness, condition after cochlear implantation in April 2010
Елена Лобынцева/Elena Lobintseva
Диагноз: Диспластический сколиоз IV степени
Diagnosis: dysontogenetic scoliosis of the 4th degree
Слепцова Айсена/Sleptsova Aisena
Диагноз: Двусторонняя врожденная аномалия развития наружного и среднего уха (микротия средней степени/атрезия полная). Двусторонняя кондуктивная тугоухость II-III ст.
Diagnosis: bilateral congenital abnormity of development of outer and middle ear (microtia of the 3rd degree, atresia). Bilateral conductive hearing loss of the 2nd — 3rd degree.
Кизим Анастасия/Kizim Anastasia
Diagnosis: Scoliosis of the 4th degree due to Marfan syndrome
Прытков Антон/Prytkov Anton
Диагноз: Детский церебральный паралич