Get the latest updates as we post them — right on your browser

. Last Updated: 07/27/2016

Jewish Center Fire Solved

A blaze that engulfed a Jewish culture center in Moscow was caused by a short circuit, a fire official has said.

No one was hurt in the Friday night fire and the center's Judaic library was saved, Yury Zhukovsky, deputy head of the Moscow fire department, said Saturday.

The exterior walls of the one-story wooden building were still standing after firefighters extinguished the blaze. The building was previously used by the Moscow city government for receptions.