Houston Ties Series 2-2 on Last-Second Shot

HOUSTON, Texas -- Eddie Johnson was the hero for the Houston Rockets once again. Johnson barely beat the final buzzer with a high-arching 3-point shot from 25 feet, giving the Houston Rockets a dramatic 95-92 victory over the Utah Jazz that tied the Western Conference finals at two games apiece.

Sunday's 3-pointer was the only basket of the second half for Johnson, who was the hero of Game 3, scoring a season-high 31 points Friday night to lead Houston to a 118-100 victory that kept the Rockets out of a 3-0 hole -- something no NBA team has ever climbed out of.

The game-winning shot left his fingertips with just 0.2 seconds left on the clock, and he high-stepped to the other end of the court and was mobbed by his teammates after it swished through.

Game 5 is Tuesday night in Salt Lake City, where the Jazz have won 21 straight games. But they'll have to grab the momentum back from the Rockets, who are trying to come back from an 0-2 deficit for the third time in their history. The first two times they did it -- 1994 and 1995 -- ended with NBA championships for Houston.

Hakeem Olajuwon scored 27 points for Houston, while Charles Barkley had 20 points and 16 rebounds and Clyde Drexler scored 16 points.

John Stockton and Karl Malone scored 22 points apiece for Utah, but the similarities between their performances ended there. Stockton shot 9-for-12 from the field and had eight assists, while Malone was just 10-for-28.

Malone, after missing four of his first five shots of the quarter and committing two turnovers on his two previous touches, hit a turnaround jumper over Barkley to tie it at 92 with 1:08 left.

Barkley rebounded with 6.7 seconds left to set up the final play.

Drexler caught the inbounds pass and got stuck in a double-team. He got it to Matt Maloney who passed the ball to Johnson just in time for him to get the shot off. His 3-pointer ended what was easily the most tightly contested -- and possibly the most contentious -- game of the series.