Effective Systems of State Cadastral Accounting and Registration of Property Rights
- By Yevgeny Zakharchenko
- Aug. 23 2011 00:00
Moscow Region Cadastral Chamber
The concept of Russia's long-term socio-economic development through 2020, approved by the Russian government and dated Nov. 17, 2008, No. 1662-R, identified important and necessary government tasks: improving the quality and accessibility of public services, reducing the costs for citizens and organizations in registering property rights, developing effective government cadastral systems and facilitating the registration of property rights.
To date, in accordance with this long-term concept, the following features have been established:
- The Cadastral Chamber, a federal institution, has been given the authority to carry out the task of cadastral registration;
- By order of the Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography on Sept. 8, 2010, No. P/492, as an experiment from Sept. 1, 2010, government administrative institutions for the Bashkortostan and Tatarstan republics, the Altai region, Kemerovo, Kostroma and Tver regions are empowered to receive and issue documents for registering with the state rights for real estate and transactions between them. This procedure is quite new and has not yet been written into law, but the Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography made the decision to establish these regulations to provide better quality services to our citizens;
- The receipt of applications by the single-window system for cadastral registration has been organized;
- Informational interaction between the Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography and the Land Cadastral Chamber has been set up;
- Informational interaction between subjects and local authorities with the Land Cadastral Chamber and the territorial authorities of the Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography has been improved;
- Interagency cooperation in electronic form between local authorities, the Federal Tax Service, the Federal Service for Government Registration, Cadastre, and Cartography, and subordinate organizations is developing currently.
The Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography provides information to the Federal Tax Service about real estate objects and their owners from two sources — the government real estate cadastre and the uniform state register of real estate rights and transactions.
From this year, the uniform register of capital construction will be part of this system with the goal of collecting taxes from real estate activities.
- A single informational resource is being created that provides online access to two institutions, the State Cadastral Real Estate body and the Unified State Register, which allows applicants to access statements from these two institutions through the internet without the participation of members of the territorial divisions, as well as carry out the cadastral registration of land plots.
- A transfer to a centralized accounting and management system using the state accounting software package in the State Cadastral Real Estate body allowed applicants to perform searches online and see the status of their applications in the portal of the Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography.
- The Federal Service of Government Registration, Cadastre and Cartography along with the corresponding administrative institution organize the regular acceptance of documents to register land rights with the government and cadastral registration in rural communities and other municipalities.
As a result of all these actions the potential for future relationships has changed between consumers of services and government bodies that are willing to come straight to the consumer and provide services, or receive services through the Internet by using their electronic counterparts.