Bolshoi Chief Says Accused Dancer Could Keep Job
- Mar. 12 2013 00:00
- Last edited 20:32
The Bolshoi Theater's general director says a dancer suspected of ordering an attack on the theater's ballet chief would keep his job if acquitted by a court.
Anatoly Iksanov told reporters Tuesday that 29-year-old leading soloist Pavel Dmitrichenko would not be fired unless found guilty.
Dmitrichenko was arrested last week on suspicion of organizing the Jan. 17 acid attack on artistic director Sergei Filin, who is recovering from severe burns to his eyes and face. Dmitrichenko admits to organizing the attack but has told a Moscow court he never intended for it to cause such harm to Filin. Dmitrichenko has said he was angry at Filin for what he describes as corruption and favoritism at the theater.