Liverpool, Chelsea Book Semi Rematch

APAbou Diaby, top, scoring Arsenal's first goal against Liverpool during their dramatic Champions League quarterfinal second-leg match at Anfield on Tuesday.
BELGRADE - Liverpool and Chelsea progressed to a third Champions League semifinal meeting in four years after quarterfinal wins Tuesday.

Liverpool snatched a 5-3 aggregate victory over Arsenal after two late goals gave them a 4-2 win in a dramatic clash at Anfield, while Chelsea ground out a 2-0 home win over Turkish champion Fenerbahce to overturn a 2-1 first leg deficit and earn another shot at 2005 winner Liverpool after losing their two previous semifinals.

Liverpool will take on Chelsea in confident mood, after eliminating Arsenal in a spectacular finish with substitute Ryan Babel swinging the tie their way.

The Dutchman won an 85th-minute penalty, converted by Steven Gerrard, before sealing the win in injury time.

Abou Diaby fired Arsenal into a 13th minute lead with an angled shot, but a Sami Hyypia header and a superb Fernando Torres goal turned the match in Liverpool's favor.

Arsenal once again silenced the raucous home crowd when Emmanuel Adebayor rounded off a brilliant solo run by Theo Walcott to make it 2-2 and give the visitors the edge on away goals.

But Liverpool responded immediately, with Babel bursting into the box straight from the restart and being pulled back by Kolo Toure.

Gerrard drilled in the spot-kick and Babel sent the Anfield faithful into raptures with a cool finish in injury time, after racing clear of Cesc Fabregas.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez praised his teamТs character.

"This will go down as a great European night,' he said. "Arsenal played well in the first half, and then there were six goals and we won, so our supporters will be happy.'

"We started badly and were giving the ball away. Then we conceded a goal, but I was pleased with the character of the players and the way they reacted.'

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger blamed the defeat on Swedish referee Peter Frojdfeldt and naive defending.

"We have a feeling of disappointment and injustice. At the moment it is difficult because the whole dressing room is down,' he said.

"The game is over for us. It was down to a dodgy decision, I believe, from the referee. We had so much ?control, but we were naive and we lacked a bit defensively.'

Chelsea booked its passage in a nervy finish at Stamford Bridge, with Fenerbahce threatening to cancel out Michael Ballack's fourth-minute header.

The Germany midfielder glanced Frank LampardТs perfect near-post cross into the top corner, but Chelsea looked jittery whenever the visitors came forward.

Both sides missed several chances before Lampard sealed Chelsea's second successive semifinal berth in the 87th minute.

He was left with a simple tap-in after Michael Essien, who will miss the first leg of the semifinal clash with Liverpool through suspension, muscled his way past two defenders and squared a low cross into the five-yard box.

Chelsea coach Avram Grant was pleased with his team's determination, and optimistic about its chances of reaching its first Champions League final.

"We started well, but then it was a nervous gameЕ the most important thing was the result,' he said. "I am an optimist by nature" When I took over the team, I believed we could do good things.'