The Moscow Times - Licensing Agreement
Upon receipt of the requested materials from The Moscow Times, you agree to all terms and conditions of the below agreement. We remind you that violation of the exclusive copyrights of The Moscow Times and/or terms and conditions of the present agreement shall entail criminal liability in conformity with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
1. Photos and articles remain the property of The Moscow Times. They may not be syndicated, rented, loaned or sold by any other party without the written consent of The Moscow Times.
2. Articles may not be modified, altered or changed in any way which alters the meaning, tone or general context of the articles, or which renders the article libelous or in any way in violation of the rights of any third party or applicable law, regulation or rule.
3. Photographs may not be altered, modified or changed in any way which alters the identification, meaning or general context of the photograph or any subject therein.
4. In the event that a customer makes alterations, changes or deletions to purchased Moscow Times material which alter the meaning or tone of the material, render it libelous or injurious to any third party, or infringe on the copyright, trademark, trade name, or literary or artistic or other property or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation, the customer shall indemnify and save harmless The Moscow Times to the extent of any and all expense and liability, including attorneys fees incurred in such connection.
5. The Moscow Times does not confer upon any customer any right whatsoever to the use of the name or likeness of any individual portrayed in photographs. To the extent that permission is required from any individual depicted in photographs to exploit his or her name, photograph and likeness, you acknowledge that the responsibility for obtaining such permission resides with you and not The Moscow Times.
6. All republished materials must credit the author and/or photographer and clearly acknowledge that the material was first published in The Moscow Times.